Friday, November 25, 2011

AMBER DREAM NECKLACE



I was invited to participate in the St. Francis School Sip 'n Shop event on Thursday December 1, 2011 6 - 9 PM. Although I've continued to make jewelry, I hadn't contemplated a collection until the Sip 'n Shop opportunity came along. I decided to really get into my stash of vintage beads this time, and the Amber Dream Necklace was my first design. It showcases a lovely oblong bead of layered Amber, surrounded by graduated round amber beads as well as graduated Bali Sterling Silver Beads, and one of my favorite toggle clasps, an easy to use flat circle to lend a modern touch to a decidedly traditional design. Amber looks warm and bright when worn on or with black, white, yellow, peach, tan, brown, and all the other rich fall colors.

In my new collection, I've continued to make jewelry that can either dress up or dress down my girl's look. To that end, this necklace looks great with jeans and a white tee shirt and jean jacket, as well as perfect for a dressy black suit with a peach colored sweater.

No comments:

Post a Comment