Friday, November 25, 2011

AMBER AND CARNELIAN WESTERN NECKLACE

Continuing deeper into my stash of vintage beads, I wasn't through with the amber. I wanted to combine the amber shadings with the deep red orange of carnelian, and came up with this design which I love love love. This might be my favorite necklace of the new collection. The center bead is a darker amber with Carnelian shades, and two distinctive Bali beads set it off. From there, the darker faceted Carnelian beads and amber oblongs play together nicely. At the end, there is a large square Bali Silver Clasp. This girl doesn't like to be pegged. She's not square, but you can't round her out too much either. I think she wears boots. For style not warmth. So not in the snow. Her boots are high heeled, ideally suede, and they go everywhere, just like this necklace.

No comments:

Post a Comment