Friday, November 25, 2011

KNOSSOS TWO NECKLACE



Last year one of my favorite necklaces was the Knossos Necklace inspired by the murals at Knossos on the island of Crete. It sold right away, and I didn't make another red necklace until now. The first Knossos necklace incorporated Hematite beads, but this time I wanted more contrast, so deep onyx colored black glass square beads separate the patterns of large and small red velvet crystal rondells. This is a necklace for all time, but it's especially pretty at Christmas, because the color of these red crystals is so rich. Wear it all season long on your morning walk, to your shopping trip and lunch in jeans, and then that night when you go out to a fabulous party. It's kicky and fun. As in "what are you going to wear to the party?" "I don't know....something kicky, something fun". (Previous question and answer credited to my mother circa 1966.) (When I was but a mere gleam in her fun and kicky eye). (Now we'll find out if anyone really reads this stuff).

No comments:

Post a Comment